A map rotation is a configuration file (
maprot.cfg) that decides which map that will get played at a server. As the other configuration files it is located in the
assaultcube/config folder and consist of a default rotation based on official maps.
Making a map rotation
The map rotation file uses one line per map/mode combination. One line looks like:
map : mode : time : vote : minplayer : maxplayer : skiplines
The server uses one line at a time, starting at the top. After the last line, the first line will be used again. A line will be skipped, if minplayer/maxplayer requirements are not met. Minplayer and maxplayer numbers are only checked when a new game is picked from the map rotation. If the player number changes during gameplay, no action will be taken.
map - The map filename without any extension.
- Do only use standard maps and maps from your
- For the flag modes (Capture the Flag, Team Keep the Flag and Keep the Flag), be sure, that the map contains flag bases!
mode - gamemode number
- 0 Team Deathmatch
- 2 Deathmatch
- 3 Survivor
- 4 Team Survivor
- 5 Capture the Flag
- 6 Pistol Frenzy
- 9 Last Swiss Standing
- 10 One Shot One Kill
- 11 Team One Shot One Kill
- 13 Hunt the Flag
- 14 Team Keep the Flag
- 15 Keep the Flag
time - game time in minutes
- 15 minutes for a flag mode
- 10 minutes for all other modes
vote - 0 or 1
- 1 allow players to vote for other maps
- 0 only admin can change the map
minplayer - minimum number of players to start the game (optional)
- If set, the server will skip the map, if fewer than required players are connected.
maxplayer - maximum number of players to start the game (optional)
- If set, the server will skip the map, if more than allowed players are connected.
skiplines - lines to skip in maprot.cfg, after this map got actually played (optional).
- This can be used to select one of several lines, instead of playing all lines.
A useful maprotation editor can be found here.
// dm, 8 minutes, 0..3 players ac_scaffold : 2 : 8 : 1 : 0 : 3 // ctf, 12 minutes, any player number ac_power : 5 : 12 : 1 // ac_desert, 10 minutes, either dm, 0..4 players or tosok, 5.. players ac_desert : 2 : 10 : 1 : 0 : 4 : 1 // skip 1 line, if played ac_desert : 1 : 10 : 1 : 5 : 0 : 0
config/maprot.cfg for more example lines.