Main Page (Hebrew)
Please note: the wiki is currently undergoing changes and updates. Please don't completely rely on the information found here, as it may be outdated.
AssaultCube is a free, open source, first person shooter based on the popular Cube FPS. It is multi-platform and low on system and networking requirements. It is set in realistic looking environments with fast and fun gameplay. AssaultCube can be found on Wikipedia. Feel free to check out the AssaultCube's homepage.
The latest AssaultCube release is v18.104.22.168, compatible with:
Full installers available at the download page.
If you have a problem or a question, try reading the AssaultCube Documentation.
For getting the quickest, most helpful and most likely a correct response to your question you should follow a few simple guidelines. It might be useful to read up on how not to be a Help Vampire and how to Ask Smart Questions. However, a quick run-down of the main points in mind you should keep is:
- Inform us of what your operating system is and what modifications (if any) have been made.
- Provide the give the specifics of your hardware and software involved - usually graphics and audio cards, chipsets and their driver revisions.
- Provide us with information of how you obtained AC or other packages - from SourceForge, GetDeb, Debian repositories?
- Describe, in detail, and reproduce your error and provide as much insight into what you think might cause the error or issue.
- If you have output (console or screenshot), then make sure it is verbose and provide that.
- Information and help for installing and running AssaultCube on different Operating Systems.
- To get sounds working properly, check out the sound guide.
- Quadropolis publishes and accepts user-made content - so this is where your new fancy map can go!
- Akimbo is a website dedicated posting almost anything regarding AssaultCube, maps, skymaps, mapmodels, mods and scripts.
- Internet Relay Chat lets you talk to your friends, enemies and anyone else who has interest in AssaultCube in real-time!
Before playing, you should be able to fulfill the minimum hardware requirements to play AssaultCube.
- Newbie guide will introduce you to AssaultCube
- Server guide will introduce you to AssaultCube's server system - how to join public servers, how to administrate servers and how to run servers
- Special movement and Weapon tactics and tips are beneficial if you want to play as efficiently as possible!
- Look into the List of game speak to learn what the are others are talking about
- Gamemodes are the essential part of the game
- All guides
- Map packaging - Once you have created a map for AssaultCube, this will tell you the proper procedure on how to package it for release.
- The same basic approach applies to AssaultCube that applies to the Cube Engine base it arose from in the dawn of times before AssaultCube.